Umbrella Insurance in Texas
Are you a Texas resident looking for a reliable umbrella insurance plan? Umbrella insurance is an additional liability insurance policy that is designed to protect you from lawsuits and claims hence protecting your assets and future. This is accomplished in two ways:
- Offers addition liability protection above the set limits of your auto, homeowners, and boat insurance plans. The protection kicks in when the liability on these policies is exhausted.
- Offers coverage for claims which might have been excluded by liability policies such as slander, libel, false arrest, or liability coverage on rental properties that one may own.
What will umbrella insurance cover?
Are you still hazy on what this policy covers? Well, an umbrella insurance plan from an insurer like Koda Insurance Group will offer coverage for:
- Damage to property
- Personal liability
Here are some examples of coverage options offered by umbrella policies:
Bodily injury liability –it covers damage costs to any other person’s body. This may include medical bill costs and liability claims due to:
- Injuries caused to other parties after a serious auto accident and you are at fault
- Harm caused to other people by your pet
- Injuries that a guest sustains in your home, perhaps due to a fall
- Injuries that your neighbor’s kids sustain while playing in your yard
Property damage liability –It covers damage costs or losses to other people’s tangible properties. Examples include expenses linked to:
- Damages claims incurred in case your pet destroys a friend’s priceless rug
- Damage to autos or other property due to an auto accident whereby you are at fault
- Accidental damage that your child causes to school property
Coverage can also be offered in case you are sued for:
- Malicious prosecution
- False arrest, imprisonment, or detention
- Mental /shock anguish
- Libel –damages written statement
- Slander –damages spoken statement
- Other personal liability cases
If you require umbrella insurance, contact Koda Insurance Group in Texas for more information.
Click Here to Get a Quote Now!